Despite the tendency to be risk-averse, as more and more companies move to cloud environments, certain principles have emerged to help foster a more innovative IT mindset and a more central role for IT within the organisation.
Five ideologies of innovation in the cloud:
- Go fast – The cloud enables projects to be spun up quickly, which allows you to “try many, use best” and learn quickly from what doesn’t work.
- Push the boundaries – IT not only needs to adapt to the cloud, but embrace new architectures and processes, and test limits, including designing “net new” apps and refactoring legacy apps for PaaS and SaaS.
- Make data-driven decisions – Use the monitoring and analytics capabilities of the cloud to track costs and technical efficiency so you can make smart decisions about which apps are generating the biggest return.
- Simplify – Retire, consolidate and right-size as many services and applications as possible to free up resources.
- Communicate to succeed – Establishing clear, ongoing communication with stakeholders is the single most important factor for successful innovation.
The current scale of disruption in technology is unprecedented. Strategising with Atech as a cloud and digital transformation partner, will enable your business to have the technical capabilities on tap. We understand that strategic planning needs to be agile as the businesses needs change. Empowering innovation through the use of technology, there needs to be a constant flow of ideas and new technologies recommended.
We start with building the basic frameworks through unrivaled service, securitising the finances, automating where practical, whilst securing the environment and data. Once the basics are covered, this gives us the time required to focus on the fun stuff looking into the future at the leading-edge services that become available daily.
Interested in learning more about Enterprise IT Innovation? Atech provides Innovation and Strategic Planning workshops. Contact one of our digital transformation experts to start understanding the supremacy of the Microsoft cloud and how you can very quickly experience the benefit of a true cloud partnership.